Main image

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Luray Sprint

I love the mountains, which was the main reason I signed up for the Luray Sprint Triathlon held today at Lake Arrowhead. Nestled next to the Shenandoah National Park rests this perfect venue for a triathlon, and is connected to some pretty amazing valley roads. I surprised myself today with another break through performance, finishing 3rd male overall. I felt good on the swim, suffered up some serious climbs on the bike, and managed to hold on to the run, and avoid my customary dry-heaving spells that I so often face during these sprint tri's. 3rd Male Overall...its kinda weird to say that. Never really been there before. Did I do so well because this was the first year the race was held, and some of the big guns stayed away, or is all my training to date finally paying off?? Maybe a little bit of both. I know I still have alot of work to do with Eagleman less than a month away, so this is no time to be satisfied with my finish. Gotta keep on keepin' on!!

I did come home with some nice winners shwag that included the following:

  • 1 Bottle of California Merlot (cue the Sideways quote!)
  • 1 Large hand-carved wine glass that reminds me everytime I drink from it that I finished 3rd and not 1st or 2nd
  • 1 Wall Calendar
  • 1 Bottle of homemade pasta sauce
  • 1 Bag of pasta
  • 1 Bag of beans and some dry sauce
So there we have it, a good day but tomorrow is Monday and that means back to the training! Rock on with your bad self. Til next time...

Good Song: Stars - Your Ex-Lover Is Dead

0 comments:

RSS Feed