Main image

Thursday, January 4, 2007

Back in the Rockies!

After 4 VERY short hours of sleep, I headed off at 5:45am to catch the Metro to Union Station. From there I caught the 6:35 am Amtrak train to BWI airport. I then proceed to miss the BWI airport stop, and head in for a short jaunt in B-more. Grrrreat. A quick turn around, and a jump onto a southbound MARC train I get to check in at 8:05 for an 8:35 flight to Denverrrr. The airplane gods were smiling on me this morning! The rest of the trip was smooth sailing, and my snowboard also made it in one piece surprisingly. The plan of this excursion is to be one with the snow for the next 6 days. I've been going through ice-crystal withdrawl with the recent tropical winter episode going down over on the east coast. Not a problem here, theres a good 5 inches on the ground, with 3 inches expected to fall tomorrow...and thats just in the high plains. A couple days kickin around Denver, and then its off for some sweet pow-pow at Breckenridge and Vail. Lets hope for no broken bones!

Mmmm, yellow snow.

Good Song: The Slip - Eisenhower

0 comments:

RSS Feed