Main image

Sunday, April 2, 2006

I'm not an ambi-turner.



Whew, I'm spent. One of those tireds where you can't exactly think straight...and you just kinda stare into nothingness. It feels great, too. So I apologize if the remainder of the post is neither intelligent nor understandable. Anyways, I was lucky enough to spend the weekend with a great group of old AND new friends from the JMU Triathlon Club. Had an amazing pre-race team pasta dinner, crashed on a couch in the 'burg, got little to no sleep with the time change and drunkards returning from wild nights of college debauchery, and returning home to NOVA with a little hardware and a HUGE smile. Today I raced my first triathlon of the season, Angels Sprint down in Lynchburg, VA. I faired well, about what I was expecting but always wishing to do just a tiny bit better. Somehow I managed to pull off the age-group win, and an 8th or 9th overall finish on the day...AND get in some tannage. Still looking for that breakthrough performance on the run I know I have in me. Once I can get that down I'll be golden! Oh, and if its wrong to enjoy wearing only tight spandex shorts, a visor, and sunglasses all day long...then I don't ever want to be right. Get pumped for an amazing season!!

JMU Tri rocks!

Peace out!

Good Song: Bright Eyes - Train Under Water

0 comments:

RSS Feed