Main image

Thursday, June 7, 2007

ACE Big Canyon

Wheww, good times this past weekend out in the hills of West Virginny. A little off-road tri in the Xterra circuit known affectionately as Big Canyon was going off!! I came, I saw, I raced, and I smiled. For those not familiar with the race format out in coal country, its a 1.5 mile swim down the New River, and 6 mile run from the bottom of the New River Gorge to the top, and then a groovy 10 mile mountain bike ride through the ACE campus. All was well, and I felt decent on the swim, SUPER strong on the run (for once!), and so-so on the mountain bike. I think my 2 day uber hike of the Wild Oak Trail the prior weekend helped jump start my aerobic engine, and sleeping in a make shift tarp tent toughened me up, too!! ARGHHHHH. Anyways, I came out with a 6th place overall finish, and a 2nd place age group award. All in a days work! The legs are feeling good, and I hope I can keep this momentum through to Xterra Richmond in 10 days or so. We shall see! The team over at Performance Training Systems have gotten a plan for me dialed in for a strong season, and a potential Ironman attempt coming in Summer '08. Ride the waaaaaave...

Rock out.

Good Song: Morrissey - You Have Killed Me

0 comments:

RSS Feed