Main image

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Tour de Burg Stage 2 and 3

Stage 2 ended and I'm back in the DFL jersey, after a long atomic battle today. A climb up the backside of Mass. Mtn. Resort, a gravel climb and descent on Cub Run road, and a final assault across New Market Gap on 211, with a parade pace back to town to finish. Grand total of 76 miles for the stage. A nasty flat on the Cub Run descent put me to the back of the pack again after a solid effort on the climb. It was tough seeing my competition roll on past me as I freakishly change my tire. Luckily I got a little time back ont he New Market gap section to keep the time difference close. I banged my knees into my handlebars a few more times too even out the huge hematomas I've already accumulated over the past days.

Stage 3 was a short time trial on some nice local trails in town. 30 second between riders let you be close enough to see your closest competitor but not quite close enough to pass. I tried to make a move to pass back the 2nd(to last) place guy, but stumbled on a rock garden losing his wheel. Finish line was at the door step of Luigi's pizza, which inside scoop, has it closing its doors for good within the year!! Anyways, a nice pizza and salad dinner with a couple beers amongst friends and fellow cyclists made the day complete.

Crazy nar-nar rocks tomorrow on the Massanutten ridge. Shooot!

0 comments:

RSS Feed