Main image

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Wisp


Took a day trip out to Wisp, which is located in FARRRRR western Maryland. Like, FAR!

As soon as I arrived at the mountain it started snowing, it was perfect. At first the wind was gusting, and made it a bit dificult to see but after an hour it let up and kept on lightly snowing enough to put a fine powder down on the trails.

It was my first time at Wisp, and it has all the making of a great ski destination...it has the snow, the temperatures, the location, BUT the mountain. The trails are just too damn short. They have the steepness, but a few turns later and you're at the bottom waiting in line for a ride back tot he top. I spent most of my time in the terrain park, which was weak at best. A couple rails, a tabletop, and a little spine...hardly big at all. Oh well, next time I'll try some other places.

It was still sweet to get out there, though!


Good Song: Mobius Band - Radio Coup

0 comments:

RSS Feed