Main image

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Dude, whats mine say?

Ah, another weekend in the books. A great one at that I should add! Started it off with a relaxing, yet fun, mountain bike ride up at Shaeffer Farms in Maryland. A few fellow DC Tri people joined in to enjoy the Spring weather on two wheels. You could call this ride a good "shakedown" for the group as the number of mechanicals and bad luck events were abundant.

In no particular order:
  • Bringing SPD cleats for TIME pedals = lots of sitting down on the bike
  • Busted front shock(me!) = No cushion for anything bigger than a twig, weee
  • Broken Chain at the start of the ride = A nice walk back
  • Broken freewheel in the middle of the ride = An even longer, but equally nice walk back
  • Dead car battery = jumper cables, stat.
This morning, after a night of "wild partying" and crashing at Ryan S-dizzle's crib I pulled out an even nicer ride outside of my alma-mater deep in the George Washington National Forest. Originally, I was planning on hookin up with some studly H-burg locals...but after learning of their planned route of rocky, super technical ridge lines, I opted for the 'ol standby. I wasn't really sure how my bike, specifically my front suspension, or myself would hold up so early in the season on such rocky trail. I didn't want to be THAT GUY, yet. I'll keep that for the Tour De Burg, babyyyyy! I think I made a wise decision. On that note, the weather is getting nicer by the day, and the temps are rising. This means the start of Weekend Training camps in the GWNF...lots of camping, biking, running, and perhaps a chance for a lil skinny dipping. I've already got a few recruits lined up to "take the plunge" if you will, and experience some of the plushest and most fun trails in the region, away from it all. How about you? Interested? Act quickly, spots are filling fast! Heres a few captioned pics for you to marinade in:

Is Adrianne, A: Packing up for the ride home, orrrr
B: Cowering in fear from my incredibly amazing good looks.


A. Lost in the wilderness or, B. Rockin' out on some buff single track.


Is she: A. "Too good" for a knee high log pile or,
B. Setting up for the log-mount-to-pet-the-dog maneuver.

Ok, enough of the quiz questions...changin out the cleats after disaster (broken freewheel) strikes.

Home, sweet home. Hone Quarry dam wayyy down there.

Wish you were here!! Look at that singletrack...lovely.

Awesome views at every stop.

Good Song: Men at Work - I Come From a Land Down Under (classic!!)

0 comments:

RSS Feed